To apply for this position, click on the link below:
Senior Buyer - Indirect Procurement: USA Application
The Senior Buyer of Indirect Procurement will focus on the negotiation and establishment of key contracts consisting of Capital Equipment, Facilities, Maintenance Repair and Operations (MRO), and Laboratory purchasing.
The Indirect Sr. Buyer is responsible for qualifying, negotiating and managing contracts, in addition to aggregating and negotiating volume buys for indirect and Capex spend categories and specific commodity products and services delivering cost reductions, avoidances, and or process improvement measures for the Rochester, NY site.
Full the full job description, please click on the link above.
- A Business or Technical Bachelor’s degree with purchasing-related content (i.e. Chemistry, Packaging Science, Business Administration, Industrial Management, Industrial Engineering, etc.) or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years purchasing related experience, 5 years of which with indirect procurement.
- Prior pharmaceutical experience desirable.
- Certification by NAPM or APICS desired.
- Specialized skills required are (but not limited to) knowledge of business law, economics, negotiations, finance, materials requirements planning, computer operations, inventory control techniques, value analysis, forecasting, cost/price analysis, all internal systems impacting purchasing, construction and use of standard costs, production processes (internal and at suppliers), accounting, markets impacting items/products purchased, and short and long range planning.
- Ability to negotiate effectively with a variety of supplier types while looking out for the company’s best interest and at the same time, assuring that the supplier is not being compromised toward agreement to something which is beyond their capabilities.
- Ability to translate technical requirements to fit within the procurement process (i.e. Request for Quotations/Bids, Supply Agreements and other Contracts, Purchase Orders, Specification development, etc.).
- Must demonstrate strong verbal, written, negotiating and analytical skills.
- Must demonstrate a proven track record of the ability to prioritize, organize and multi-task in a flexible, fast paced and challenging environment to effectively meet deadlines.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Must have a demonstrated high level of interpersonal and communication skills to work across functional and organizational lines with uncompromising ethics.
- Must possess demonstrated knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) process.
Unither is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet