To apply for this position, click on the link below:
Senior Formulation Scientist: USA Application
Use Google Chrome or FireFox if you are having trouble opening this link.
The Sr. Formulation Scientist is a technical contributor providing hands-on product development support, project management, planning, execution, and guidance, in the the formulation and process development of new products for external and internal customers. This position is responsbile for the development and optimization of the formulation and manufacturing, packaging, and cleaning processes of new and existing drug products. This includes the independent preparation and execution of experimental protocols, in-process sample analysis, coordination of analytical testing, data interprRégionion, and technical report preparation to summarize findings. This postiion is responsible for the manufacturing and packaging of clinicl supplies, and leads technology transfers between sites and from External Customers. The Sr. Formulation Scientist plays a substantial role in leading cross-functional projects for the implementation of site strategic initatives. The candidate must have the ability to formulate work plans and conduct problem solving on complex chemical development/production projects.
The position is responsible for the technical leadership and hands-on development of drug products from proof of concept through process validation and commercialization. This includes both immediate and modified release technologies for sterile and non-sterile dosage forms. A solid understanding of the interaction between the formulation and manufacturing/equipment train is required. A liquid’s development background is preferred. The candidate should have strong project management and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate project/product results with customers, as well as within and across the internal organization, including senior management. The candidate serves as a technical expert that supports product improvements, quality improvements, customer requests, and cost savings initiatives.
Full the full job description, please click on the link above.
- MS. in Industrial Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences with 8 - 12 years’ experience, or Ph.D. with 5 - 8 years’ experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry in the area of formulation development.
- Experience in the development of pharmaceutical formulations and/or generic alternatives.
- Experience with DEA controlled substances desired.
- Demonstrates ability to serve as a strong role model for the scientific/technical community in the company by effectively managing technical details and providing expert opinions.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Maintains and hones state-of-the-art scientific/technical knowledge and develop and champion ideas for new and ongoing projects.
- Established track record of solving complex technical problems, have creative scientific skills, excellent communication skills and should thrive in a cross-functional team environment. Collaboration is critical to successfully moving projects forward in this role.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with collaborators, clients, vendors and personnel, who may have different levels of technical knowledge and understanding.
- Knowledge of basic analytical skills such as HPLC, UV/Vis for preliminary screening.
- Knowledge of basic physical characterization tests of API’s, excipients and formulations.
Unither is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet