To apply for this position, click on the link below:
Use Google Chrome or FireFox if you are having trouble opening this link.
In this important role, you will direct and oversee the production process operations for the packaging of pharmaceutical products. The selected candidate will ensure that all phases of production activity are performed in a safe manner, in compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s). Maintain a management presence in the production areas through the monitoring and control of packaging processes. Improve the efficiency of the operation by analyzing and correcting production problems; and coordinating with other departments to ensure scheduling efficiency, batch record audit completion, deviations, investigations and corrective actions.
If you are a problem solver, have a comfort level with change management and want to work in a dynamic environment… please read on.
• Provide supervision and direction to staff and coordinate work flow within the work unit, including distributing work, disseminating information, assigning staff to cover for absences, providing technical assistance, answering questions, and resolving problems.
• In concert with Supply Chain, ensure work is scheduled effectively.
• Create checkpoints and controls for monitoring progress.
• Monitor subordinates’ attendance and counsel as necessary.
• Review and approve vacation and leave requests.
• Authorize all overtime. Verify and approve time cards.
• Manage employee performance by clearly defining expectations to include providing clear, thorough, timely feedback as well as promptly addressing performance problems through corrective action.
• Investigate and address employee complaints and follows up with Manager, and HR as necessary.
• Ensure self and staff keep up-to-date on technical knowledge and developments that impact roles.
• Ensure an effective learning environment by coaching employees, orchestrating learning opportunities, and providing relevant, high-impact feedback.
• Assist in interviewing and hiring for subordinate staff.
• Understand HR policies and practices and uses them to manage employees.
• Conduct ongoing assessment and training needs identification including maintaining the training / skill matrix for assigned shift. Creates learning opportunities for all staff as part of daily operations.
• Participate in special projects as defined by senior management.
• An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred. A High School diploma/ GED will be considered in combination with work history.
• A minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience in a regulated industry is required. At least three (3) years should be in a supervisory role.
• Background in the following areas will be considered positively.
1. Investigating, reporting and correcting deviations in a documented process.
2. Familiarity with Root Cause Analysis methods and techniques.
3. Aligning to a schedule that includes coordination of work across multiple lines of production.
4. Knowledge of automated equipment and general engineering.
5. Knowledge of lean manufacturing principles/ methodology.
For more information, or to apply for this position, click on the link ABOVE.