Traditional and cost-effective dosage method
Pharmaceutical bottles are cost-effective traditional dosage forms, available in glass or plastic containers. They are ideal for the oral administration of syrups, solutions and suspensions. Those glass and plastic bottles are particularly recommended for products with adapted dosage, varying according to body weight.
The packaging for products such as pharmaceutical bottles comes in various forms, sizes and colours. For safety reasons, glass or plastic bottles are often fitted with child proof resistant caps.
Glass or plastic container (PET, HDPE, …).
PET plastic is 100% recyclable and in principle does not lose its fundamental characteristics and can therefore be reused repeatedly. PET plastic is often used for the production of oral liquid solutions. The recycling of PET plastic requires extreme purity of the material collected.
HDPE plastic is opaque, impact resistant, impervious to water, certain chemicals, gases and aromas
- Formulations with or without sugar and/or preservatives
- Specific know-how regarding the manufacture of:
– light-sensitive products;
– plant extracts products
– products with a high alcohol content (> 30 %)
- Pilot equipment for small batches (tech-transfer and clinical batches)
- Analytical R&D and quality control laboratories for method development and validation, ICH stability studies, quality control and release, regulatory expertise to answer to pharmaceutical requirements.
Advantages of pharmaceutical bottles
- Products with adapted dosage thanks to the addition of devices – measuring spoon, pipette, measuring cup, making it possible to administer doses based on the weight of babies or children, amongst other things
- Children’s safety guaranteed by products developed according to a specific packaging and design with adapted caps: child proof resistant. In fact, cChild proof resistant caps on pharmaceutical bottles require dexterity and arm strength to open them.
- Ideal products for oral administration of syrups, solutions and suspensions or for topical applications
Our company CDMO Unither Pharma has three bottling sites: one in France, Brazil and one in the United States. The French site is often inspected by the the French authorities (ANSM), allowing the products to be sold on the European market. The US site is controlled by the FDA (Food Drug and Administration) to be enable the supply in the American market. The Brazilian site is controlled by ANVISA.
Manufacturing plants and capacity
40 million bottles/year
Filling: 10 mL to 300 mL
Rochester, NY USA
50 million bottles/year
Filling: 15 mL to 150 mL
+ high volume: 500 mL