Increased efficiency and local treatment
Suppositories and pessaries are an ideal method of administration for a drug when the oral route is not possible due to nausea or vomiting. This is one of the best ways to avoid the first-path effect, which lowers the efficacy of a drug product. Unither has many years of experience in the manufacture of suppositories and, in collaboration with our Innovation & Development site in Bordeaux, we can oversee the complete development of a suppository, from its development to its manufacture.
Suppositories and pessaries are usually packaged in blister packs.
- Weight from 1.5 to 3 gr
- Use of specific vessels for highly viscous semi-solid preparations
- Specific expertise in suppositories and ova
- Specific know-how concerning the manufacture of hormonal and non-hormonal medicines
- Pilot equipment for small batches (technology transfer and clinical batches)
- Analytical R&D and quality control laboratories for method development and validation, ICH stability studies, quality control and release
- Particularly suitable for babies and young children with fever or nausea, as it is quick and easy to administer
- Suppositories and pessaries can also be particularly useful in treating migraines and acute headaches when the stomach cannot tolerate medication. The main areas of application are anti-fever, anti-headache and analgesics
- Suppositories can also treat local disorders such as hemorrhoids.
- Treatment for vaginal disorders, using compounds such as hormones and anti-fungal treatments
Our Colomiers and Gannat sites are regularly inspected by the ANSM (National Agency for the Safety of Medicines) and by ANVISA (Brazilian agency) and the Russian Federation, amongst others.
Manufacturing plants and capacity